Our District and Communities
Our district serves approximately 2400 students early learners to grade 12. We are a rural school district serving the communities of Osoyoos, Oliver, Keremeos, Cawston, Hedley, Olalla, and Okanagan Falls and also three First Nations including Okanagan Indian Band, Lower Similkameen Indian Band, and Upper Similkameen Indian Band.
Surrounded by natural beauty, our small-town picturesque and culturally diverse communities boast of moderate winters with minimal snow and hot sunny summers. The landscape and climate provide opportunities for many outdoor activities such as camping/hiking, water and snow sports, golfing, biking, hunting and fishing. We offer the best of two worlds: quiet community living in close proximity to a number of urban centers.
Our local economy is based on fruit and ground crop farming, ranching, forestry, wineries and vineyards, light manufacturing and tourism.
Enjoy the strong community spirit, both within and outside our schools.
Explore our Communities!
- Cawston - Organic Farming Capital of Canada
- Hedley - An eclectic hamlet
- Keremeos - Fruit Stand Capital of Canada
- Keremeos Village - Healthy Living Naturally
- Okanagan Falls - Little piece of paradise
- Oliver - Canada's Wine Capital
- Osoyoos - Breathe the fresh air