SCHOOL DISTRICT NO.53 (OKANAGAN SIMILKAMEEN)
EMPLOYEE TRAVEL EXPENSE CLAIMS
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES
1. This form is to be used by employees to claim expenses incurred as permitted by Board policy.
It is not to be used for:
• professional development activities funded by the Joint Professional Development Fund;
• provisions in a collective agreement different to those on the form;
• claims by individuals who are not employees of the Board.
2. Reimbursement for business use of a personal vehicle is paid per kilometre, measured from regular workplace to home or destination, whichever is closer. Receipts are not required to support mileage claims. Make sure that your vehicle is adequately insured before using it for school district business.
• Mileage between home and work is not a claimable expense.
3. Receipts for meals are not required when the employee claims the per diem amount.
4. Do not claim for meals included in registration or conference fees.
5. Accommodation expenses must be supported by a receipt; if staying with relatives you may claim $25 per night.
6. All other expenses (including parking, ferries, buses and taxis) must be supported by receipts.