Teacher Application Guidelines
Internal Applicants: Teachers on SD53 staff (including Teachers-On-Call) are considered internal applicants. Apply for posting(s) by submitting written interest to email@example.com. Please quote posting number(s) and include any relevant information and/or documentation regarding your qualifications and experience that is not already in your personnel file. It is your responsibility to ensure all documentation is on file; this information may be needed to determine your qualification particularly if you are applying for a postings and
assignments which you have not previously had.
External Applicants: Please ensure the following documentation are included in your application package:
- Cover letter (quote posting number)
- British Columbia Teaching Certificate Number
- Teacher Qualification Service Card (TQS)
- Relevant post-secondary education transcripts
- Practicum evaluation or recent teaching report
- Application form (if not applying on Make A Future click here for application form)
- Provide at least three (3) referees who have supervised your work and, if you have been employed in the education system, include a reference from the human resources department of that employer. Reference checks will be initiated before any offer of employment and will usually occur during the screening process prior to the interview.
NOTE: not submitting all documents and information as listed may result in your application not being considered
School District No. 53 (Okanagan Similkameen) accepts teacher applications through:
You are welcome to contact the principal directly with any questions regarding the position.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the application is received at the school board office by the closing date (to confirm your application has been received or if you have questions regarding your application package contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, acknowledgements will be made only to those applicants selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in our district!