Students & Parents
Digital Classroom Resources:
- Just for Kids - explore websites that are engaging, stimulating and educational in nature. Please let us know if any of the links are not working properly.
- Just for Parents - excellent resources for parents regarding educational issues.
Kids PlusTM Accident Insurance:
Kids PlusTM Accident insurance is available for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance (underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.). Kids PlusTM Accident Insurance offers protection against unexpected costs of injury from accidents and is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans (may supplement health and dental benefits), or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
BC Ministry of Education:
BC Ministry of Education website provides insight to education in BC with links to information and resources such as:
- New Curriculum: details on how the new curriculum will prepare students for the future including details on the new curriculum, assessments, collaborative learning videos, and much more!
- Search the BC Ministry of Education website for education and training resources and information.
Dealing with Bullying:
Parents and students may find the following resources helpful:
The www.deal.org www.bullying.org or www.cyberbullying.ca websites include facts on what bullying is, why people bully and who they target and how parents can deal with their child, whether they are being bullied or are the ones doing the bullying.
Call it Safe http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/sco/sec_callsafe.pdf is a parent guide for dealing with harassment and intimidation in secondary schools.
Call it Safe http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/sco/elem_callsafe.pdf is a parent guide for dealing with bullying at elementary schools.